Wednesday, August 24, 2011

frosh

Somehow, this little peanut is going to high school tomorrow.
My heart can't take it.
I have been preparing for a year now, and yet, this week I am gobsmacked. High school? Didn't she just start kindergarten? I remember waiting with her at the door for her first day of school.

And I remember my first day of high school, for that matter. It's such a strange place to be in...watching your child experience the things you remember doing not that long ago.

After her first day, she has a freshman dance and we have a parent orientation meeting. Good, because I have no idea about what goes on at the high school. I've only ever been to the cafeteria and the auditorium. This school is ginormous. I can't imagine having to navigate thru that every day. I'm nervous for her, but I'm also glad it's not me. I know she'll be just fine; this kid is way better equipped to handle high school than I ever was.
Good luck, sweetie.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Sue, I am with you. This is blowing my mind! I told the boys today that I just had (as in gave birth to) Haley yesterday. Wesley said, "no you didn't" so I said, "well I just had YOU yesterday then"! I love what you wrote and the picture of little Emma. She has grown into such a beautiful young woman! I have no idea what to expect in high school either, so I will see you at the parent meeting tomorrow night!:-)

Jen on the Edge said...

I missed my first day of high school -- home sick with a stomach bug.

I hope your girl's first day was GREAT!