Wednesday, April 13, 2011

FO-Ripple Leaf socks


I've been on a major spring cleaning tear the last few days. I have washed the windows inside & out, washed the screens, washed the kitchen floor, switched out the flannel sheets, and picked up a trash cans worth of dead plant material out of the garden. I even cleaned the gunk out of the pond filter. We have 4 toads already. Before long they will fill the pond with their strings of eggs.

Of course, it's just the tip of the iceberg; there is something to clean in every room. We want to paint the laundry room. Maybe our room too. I have a huge stack of items to price for a garage sale, date undetermined. I feel the need to purge and simplify. It's one thing I can control.

I have been knitting lots of socks lately! Last month I created my last item for the Baby Gardner. It was just too hard to balance knitting what I wanted to knit with what she needed me to knit. It also kept me from building up an inventory of things to sell in my etsy shop (which I'm not going to link because there isn't anything in it anyway!).

At the beginning of the year I joined a sock club, and not just any sock club, but one by the awesome sock designer Cookie A. It was my "I had cancer but I survived the treatments" prize to myself. Every other month we get one skein of fabulous yarn, 2 patterns, and 2 cookie recipes. This is one of the patterns.



This is made with Sundara sock in Raspberry. And because I am such an awesome friend, I made these for my BFF Heather. They fit, she loves me, end of story :)
ps. My left foot is not pointier than my right foot. I don't know why it looks like it is. Must be an optical illusion.

Maybe I'll blog again tomorrow with another pair!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep, the socks are awesome! I squealed then promptly put the socks on the wrong feet, but didn't care! LOL! They're gorgeous. And mine. Neener neener boo-boo.