Wednesday, April 27, 2011

five good things- April

I usually love the month of April. Spring break, my birthday, warmer weather...what's not to love? This year it's been wetter than average. Colder than average. Gloomier than average. Overall, it's sucked. I haven't blogged because I feel so negative all the time. If I hadn't had a getaway for my mandatory rest & recuperation, I think I'd be losing my mind right now. (note to self: book vacation next year for spring break!)
So I decided that I am going to focus on GOOD THINGS today, and put the rest of it on the back burner. Because I can.
Good Thing #1:
Cookie A's sock club. I have made 2 pair of socks this month, and one of her cookie recipes. I love her patterns. I love the yarn she chooses. I love everything about the club.
Good Thing #2
Max time! I've started watching my nephew once a week. I forgot how nice it is to have a little one around. I also forgot how tiring it is...good thing I have built in helpers :) I love to watch Emma and Max together. He follows her every move, and she is just enamored of him.
Good Thing #3
Koji Japanese Restaurant. We went there for my birthday dinner to have sushi. It was awesome. The only thing that would have made it better was if we could have watched them make the sushi. It was reasonably priced and fresh as can be. I will be returning often!

Good Thing #4
playing with the Celtics in Indianapolis. Taking Emma & 2 friends by myself was an interesting experience. They had a great time, girl time. We shopped at a SuperTarget (awesome!), I got to eat at places we don't have nearby, and of course there was plenty of soccer. The team went to the finals and lost 1-0, but each girl got a trophy to take home. Many awesome memories.

Good Thing #5
my iPhone. The love affair is still going strong. I love this silly thing. I carry it around in my hand all the time. I play games. I listen to music. I shop for apps. Do I ever shop for apps. I love it. I knew I would, but I thought that by now some of the newness would have faded. Nope.
Later, April. I may not remember you fondly, but at least we had these 5 good things!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Love those socks, they look fantastic. It seems you have lots of lovely things to remind you of April, and the weather has been wet and rainy here and then sunny the next. I dont think it can make up its mind!

Nicole said...

I hope May is a happier month for you. Sunshine would be nice, that's for sure. P.S. How did we ever live without iphones? :)