Wednesday, October 6, 2010

FO-Jen's Switcheroo switcheroo socks

I finished these in August and completely forgot to share them!

My friend Jen was looking for a little motivation to run in Central Park in a tutu. I promised her that I would knit her a pair of socks if she did. And did she ever!
So this pattern was called 'switcheroo socks', but for me they ended up being a double switcheroo. In knitting, you read the pattern from right to left, and I was 75% of the way finished with the first sock before I realized that I was reading the pattern backwards. Yes, I am a rocket scientist, why do you ask? I also catch on quick!
They have a fun heel pattern that I've never attempted before, and the lace pattern was very easy to handle.
My favorite thing about this pair is that I hand dyed the yarn, and I think it came out very pretty. Very fall, with a few bright bits of green, just like in nature.
I hope she enjoys them now that it's cool enough to wear them :) I know she has some awesome shoes that will show them off!

1 comment:

Jen on the Edge said...

I love my new socks! I wore the green ones yesterday and am planning on the orange ones tonight when it gets cooler. Thank you again!