Thursday, September 10, 2009

time to hit the road!

ROAD TRIP!
The Treiber girls are hitting the open road tomorrow. Right after school lets out, we will be hopping into the car and heading north to Petoskey so that Emma can play in the Petoskey Autumn Blast tournament. If you don't live in Michigan, Petoskey is up near that break between the third and pinky 'fingers'. About a 5 hour trip. The weekend is supposed to be a nice one, and with the cool summer we have had, fall colors should be nearing premium time up north (It's usually still a few weeks away, but already we have many trees turning down here). I am excited to go, and to spend some time alone with my girl.
I'm also bummed because I will miss Evan's very first football game. Bart is going to take the camcorder for me, but it won't be the same. I wish I could be there to cheer for him, and to silently will the coaches into putting him on the field. The good news is that (right now) he isn't too upset with my not being there. he knows I want to be, but that it's important that I support Emma, too. The guilt we suffer for our kids!

School is going well for both of them. So far balancing sports and school hasn't been an issue, but I can see as we get further into the semester, having enough time to do homework could become a problem. And Ev never knows what practice he is going to on any given day. It's all written down and we have told him a billion times, but he still hasn't gotten it. I guess he is still on summertime-double-practice mode.

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Hey Sue have fun up there! We just got back and even though it's been cooler the colors weren't really changing much yet at all. I think in about 2 more weeks it'll be amazing up there. Good luck to Emma in her tourney!

Jen on the Edge said...

Have a great weekend! Travel safely.