Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2 more days!

In two days I will be finished with radiation. I am beyond excited!
I won't miss driving to the Cancer Center daily for treatment. I won't miss wearing the stiff hospital gown. I won't miss the blue marker on my clothes.
I had my last visit with the doctor yesterday and got my discharge papers. She also gave me a prescription for a healing cream, and warned that my skin will become worse before it becomes better. The effects of the boost haven't even taken their toll yet, and already I have some blistering and very sort spots. My armpit especially...It hurts like an SOB. Hopefully the cream will help ease it.
In other news, Winter decided to return with a vengance on Sunday night. After enjoying 50 degrees and sunshine last week, it hardly seems fair to get 12" of newfallen snow. It was coming down fast and furious, and we were out in it. Cars were off the roads and getting stuck going up the smallest of inclines. I've never seen anything like it. My little Pepper just motors right through! I love AWD. School was out Monday for mid-winter break, and I was surprised to wake up this morning and find the kids still in bed! The roads were so bad, still. I guess the severity of the storm caught everyone off guard.
I toook the above photo with my iPhone, using the camera bag app. This filter is called 'silver'. I am having lots of fun playing with it :)

2 comments:

Jan C. said...

Yay! Glad to hear it's almost over.

Jen on the Edge said...

Woo hoo! Only two more!!!

So did the doctor have any good advice for dealing with the painful, raw skin? Have you asked the nurses -- they always have the best advice.