Sunday, March 9, 2008

good riddance

Well, I for one am glad this week is over.
There were some highlights. I got 2 books i really wanted. I started a new sweater & finished 2 other projects. I visited with friends.
But some weeks the bad lingers longer than the good.
It was a bad week for Michigan businesses. La Shish and Cost Plus World Market are closing their doors. We have been eating at La Shish for years; and now that we are no longer in Dearborn our choices for good shwarma have dwindled. Where are we going to eat now? Phooey.
And hands down, Cost Plus is our favorite place for interesting stocking stuffers, ornaments, and various other goodies. Closing their doors in the metro area. Sad sad sad.
My personal 'bad' has been my kids this week. More specifically, Emma. I don't know what has gotten into her, but she has turned into this beast that I no longer recognize. I have spent more time this week crying over her. It's exhausting. I hate the direction of things right now. I pray that this is a phase that she will pass thru, and I will survive it. I really turn inward at these times and struggle to just... be. I hate it. (Ironically, she is currently playing Monopoly with her dad, laughing and sunny and sounding normal. I feel like the beast for not being able to just get over it and move on.)
TGFM!
(thankg God for Monday ) :)

1 comment:

Creative ADD said...

I completely agree with you about this week, it was a real pooper. And, the daughter issue as well. While mine is only 4, she's been a real struggle in the last few weeks. Maybe our next will be a boy, please tell me boys are easier.....please???